Monday, September 18, 2017

mission conference with Elder Oaks


Another week down. I have no idea where this week went, it seems like it is thursday or somewhere around there. I think this week just cruised by because we had so many things to do and so little time to do it. This week we had a visit from Elder Oaks in person. He is the third apostle that I have been able to shake hands with, and of course it was amazing and life changing. We went to his meeting and we learned a little bit more about how we can help others to find their way in the world. He talked a lot about ''real intent'' and that the reason that some people dont receive answers is not because they dont want to know, but a lot of the times it is because they wont act on the answer that our heavenly father is so willing to give. And I have thought about this a lot, and was wondering if that is the reason why so many of us feel lost, confused, or even depressed when we dont receive an answer. We as missionaries are always looking and trying to help our investigators to receive an answer for themselves and many of the times we think that if we pray hard enough, if we preach hard enough, and we give them everything that they need that they will be converts. I learned this week that that is not the case. Many times in my mission I have felt depressed like I didnt have the testimony, or that I couldnt talk perfect, or that I wasn´t sufficiently worthy or something, but I now know that sometimes after all that we  have done sometimes people just dont want to change. They dont receive the answer that they should/could because they are not willing to make the changes necessary to have these things revealed to them. I hope and pray that all of you are willing to make the changes and follow the promptings that your heavenly father gives you, because if you aren't ready or willing he cant and wont give you more information. I loved being able to hear from an apostle of God and being able to hear his voice, I now know with certainty that I have the best mission president in the world and especially here in Lima. All the mission presidents gave talks and they were all ok, but President Stauffer spoke last out of the presidents and he blew them out of the water hands down no contest. We also got to go to the beach and do a service project for the people of Perúand it was a great success, and no one got hurt.


We found a dead dolphin and an Israelite man who was fishing like the apostle peter and he had a great huge white beard it was great. It was a jam-packed week for us because we had ''rain'' (you cant call it rain it is more like there is water in the air and it just makes everything wet, I have no idea how to explain it it is just something you have to see for yourselves) and my companion was sick and we just seemed to be running from appointment to appointment the whole week. Not a bad week, nor a frustrating one, just a stress-filled week. I am glad that it is over, and glad for the success that we were able to have! I love you guys so much and love that we can still have a great relationship even though we are so far away! Love all of you so much hope that everything goes super fantabulistico for each one of you!!!!

-Elder Hyde



also got some questions answered....in a response from my email(doesn't happen that often):
(9/18/17)
Yes they are progressing, and we had 5 insacs this week it was a pretty good week! Um we had three baptisms a stellar activity that gave us a bunch of references and 10 news that we worked our butts off for. All is good for right now. And today was the first warm day that we have had in quite some time. Love you too mom 

(9/25/17)more questions answered this week:
That is fantastic! My week was good. The investigators from the activity are doing well and they are progressing really well as well. We had 8 people come to church so that was great. In my mission I feel better more pure, more ready, and more prepared to handle problems and difficulties that come my way, quick to jump back to good, and to help others to do the same. At the same time quick to love and to help others to feel the love of Christ as well. Nothing is really new for us other than that. 





No comments:

Post a Comment