Wednesday, November 23, 2016

First email home

Hello family everything is going so well. FYI Wednesdays are going to be my p days. Well first week in the MTC, things were a little different than expected, but not a whole lot. It's been a little different going to sleep so early and getting to sleep in till 6:30a.m. instead of 4:30 ha ha. I think nacho libre said it best when he said, "my life is good I go to church and make meals for the children." Cause that's how it feels sometimes that I am here with a bunch of  children. for example, Elder Hale.



 he is from ketucky and he is a little bit on the plus side, but  he's a little on the plus side of his heart too. he is a good kid, a convert of about a year and a half. he definitely ain't no city slicker and loves making a good joke. me and him are good friends now and he is one of the Avensados of the CCM of centro de capacitacion por missionaros. (MTC) But so far, He has trapped us in our rooms., Pushed the shower curtain open with a long mop stick, and has taken most of everyones name tags and switched them with everyone elses tags. We also got introduced on how to bake a cake by these avensados and i don't know if i am allowed to say this, but basically everyone in the district uses the same toilet to go the numero 2 and there is no flushing allowed. so that is kind of the environment that i have been placed into for the next 6 weeks. If i hadk known this is what it was like I would have put my papers in like 3 months earlier ha ha. Well that should be enough about the fun stuff of the ccm so ill move on to the sprirtual aspect. My testimony was pretty ok before the ccm however it has felt like i have been here for 2 years already in the first week and everyone here agrees. so it feels like my testimony has shot through the roof.  and in just a week of spanish here i have learned more than the three years in high school could have ever taught me. also if you are looking for a good spiritual video Because of Him is hands down the best two and half minute video on this planet. and i was almost in tears and since we all know how much that happens you obviously know that it is pretty good ;) I love this place with all my heart and sorry but not sorry this is the place i want to be. this place is amazing and has kept me on my toes from the minute we walked in at 3 oclock in the morning. I pretty much havent even had time  to think about you guys other than this hour i have had to read and write to you. So i haven't even cried .how sad is that? ha ha. ok so,Eelder Pond my companion is from Longview, Washington. and he is pretty much just like me: strong headed ,very firm in the gospel, and loves learning. that was a joke -but really we are pretty much the exact same people, so it has been so fun. we get things done, we have pretty much everything you need to have memorized in the first couple weeks in the first 5 days. but he has been such a stress relief in knowing that I can depend on him and that we can work through teaching our "investigator" and just build off each others' testimonies. but all these elders are pretty fun. Soccer and volleyball are definitely the two most loved sports here. And I definitely have no offense in soccer, cause i can't even walk right. but elder pond can't help falling and scraping his knees either, so  I feel like I look great compared to him. (and he has been playing soccer his whole life😜 ) the foood here is pretty good other than it is an egg for breakfast with toast and lunch and dinner is chicken and rice or maybe some other meat platter if you're lucky. what I wouldn't do for some Sweet Baby Rays(BBQ sauce) right now. but you know they love chickens- when the only varience between your meals are if they have hatched or not. oh well i don't complain too much it's just every once in a while, you want a burger, or a steak or something. but I have had more fun in this week than i have for some time. it has been so cool to me. also i feel like i would be lying if i didn't say that the book mom gave me did make me shed like 3 tears- thank you so much for that, and i will do my best to be the best. anyways, so don't worry bout me I am just having the time of my life. This gospel is amazing and the Lord has blessed me so much He is so good to me. love you all so much
Elder Hyde

1 comment:

  1. Love this email❤️ I'm so happy he's happy!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete